Designer crash with PX CFF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ldesilvio
Premium Member
Premium Member

Designer crash with PX CFF

Post by ldesilvio »

Here's a problem that has Ascential support baffled. They say they have no record of anyone who has ever experienced this problem. Yet, I can recreate it on multiple PCs. The problem is this: open a PX job, insert a complex flat file stage and attach an output link to it. I then try to open the properties dialog of the CFF. Then, like magic, the Designer disappears! No error message, no warning, just POOOF! Gone! I was able to recreate this on 7.5.1 and 7.5x2. This is happening on an IBM Think Pad T40. Also, I can recreate this on a compaq desktop, so I'm pretty sure it's not hardware related. I have the server version installed on the laptop and I'm logging into "localuser". Also, if I log into an AIX 7.5.1 engine, same problem. Strange indeed.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

This sounds like a Client-specific (GUI) bug. What operating system are you using? What's the first name of your support person?
ldesilvio
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ldesilvio »

Win XP SP 1
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Hmm, dang, was not able to test this on my computer, since I only have 7.1 right now. Hope someone else here could help you with this.

Sorry.
ldesilvio
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ldesilvio »

This may be an issue with Win XP SP1. I have another PC with SP2 installed, with 7.5.1 client and server, and it works fine there.