CPU performance maxing out in Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

CPU performance maxing out in Designer

Post by vmcburney »

I have just upgraded a Windows XP machine to release 7.5.1. I had been using version 7.1 for weeks without any problem but I've hit a performance problem with the new release. If I open an existing job and delete a stage from that job my CPU on the client hits 100% for a few seconds. Then when I do anything to that job it jumps back up to 100% and every action takes at least 5 seconds, including right mouse click menus or moving stages. Anyone seen this before?

If I log into the machine as a user who is part of the administration group the problem does not occur. The Designer takes between 0-50% of CPU and rarely hits 100%. It seems to be related to that one login, which happens to be my network login so I want to be able to use it.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Vincent

We are still having problems with 7.5.1. We now have a client side patch for the Designer. It is more stable but has other issues which they are working on. Let you know when we get it all fixed.
Mamu Kim
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Interesting. I also had to abandon the multi client switcher as I couldn't install it onto my XP machine. During installation prompted for a user id and password as it needs to run as a service on my machine, it then rejected every user and password I supplied including every administration user on that machine, so I installed without it. Now I've got an old 7.1 install that I cannot use and cannot uninstall as you need the client switcher to uninstall old versions.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

So far avoid 7.5.1. Go to 7.5 instead.
Mamu Kim
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

7.5.1a should be available by now. Check it out.
lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

MCM install

Post by lgharis »

Make sure you use the full user name. If you are on a network it maybe something like <NEtname>/<Userid>.
vmcburney wrote:Interesting. I also had to abandon the multi client switcher as I couldn't install it onto my XP machine. During installation prompted for a user id and password as it needs to run as a service on my machine, it then rejected every user and password I supplied including every administration user on that machine, so I installed without it. Now I've got an old 7.1 install that I cannot use and cannot uninstall as you need the client switcher to uninstall old versions.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX