Plz Tell me more about MQ series

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nraj
Participant

Plz Tell me more about MQ series

Post by nraj »

Hi

Plz tell me more about MQ and its importence.

Why we need this MQ series what is the benifits of this ?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who says you need MQ Series?

MQ Series is a queue-based IBM messaging protocol; DataStage - via appropriate plug-in (which only means "optionally installed") stage types - has the ability to read messages from a queue and to write messages to a queue. Typically these messages will contain rows of data for DataStage to process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Re: Plz Tell me more about MQ series

Post by ArndW »

nraj wrote:Hi

Plz tell me more about MQ and its importence.

Why we need this MQ series what is the benifits of this ?

Thanks
Nraj,

the internet is a big and helpful place. I would suggest you start at IBM MQ Series. I've always looked at MQ Series as IBM's computer-based approach to the TELEX system; you can move messages back and forth and also get receipts for transmission and receipts. Of course, there is a lot more to it than that.
nraj
Participant

Post by nraj »

Thanks For Suggestion - Arnd
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

We recently used MQ messages as a scheduling option, i.e. the Oracle backup placed a message on the queue to say it had completed. This allowed as to create jobs with a non destructive read, allowing us to wait for the message to appear. Two or more sequences could then be run in a "wait state" waiting for the message to appear. A single destructive read was then executed to remove the message from the queue.

IBM's MQ allows "real-time" data processing in datastage and also provides a convenient conduit to AS400 data files.
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.