surrogate key Generator stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

surrogate key Generator stage

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi,
I'm using the surrogate key generator stage to create the keys. I'm using the 2 node config file in the development environment. I also set the partitioning on the i/p tab to "round robin" to avoid the key hole problem. But still I'vegot the same problem... the o/p from the stage is 1,3,5,7 etc.. how to get the rid from this key hole problem? Thanks in advance.
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

goto the stage output --> columns --> right click and choose edit column --> in the generator algorithm use 1 for start value and number-of-partitions as the increment value --> relax and enjoy it while it runs :lol:

Amos
nelab28
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nelab28 »

Hi,

In case you feel that what amos has suggested is already in place, but still are getting to see the key values as 1, 3, 5 etc.., you might want to do the following :

1. Check if you are checking the key values in the datasets.
Because, you are using round-robin method and 2 nodes, when you check the data in datasets, you would see the output from one of the nodes. The other node will be having 2, 4, 6 etc as the key values.

2. If u r using datasets, then try to get the output in a sequential file(csv format), or into the database. Check the key value data in the ascending key order. You must be able to see 1, 2, 3 etc.. as the key values.

Pls. Post back your result.

Cheers..
Bilwakunj
Participant

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi ,
As per suggession I did set the properties and initially I was collectinng the result into the dataset but now instead of that I'm collecting it in the .csv and the problem got solved. As I was looking into .ds I got impression that it's generating keys like 1,3,5 etc... Thanks

nelab28 wrote:Hi,

In case you feel that what amos has suggested is already in place, but still are getting to see the key values as 1, 3, 5 etc.., you might want to do the following :

1. Check if you are checking the key values in the datasets.
Because, you are using round-robin method and 2 nodes, when you check the data in datasets, you would see the output from one of the nodes. The other node will be having 2, 4, 6 etc as the key values.

2. If u r using datasets, then try to get the output in a sequential file(csv format), or into the database. Check the key value data in the ascending key order. You must be able to see 1, 2, 3 etc.. as the key values.

Pls. Post back your result.

Cheers..