Data Stage Sequencer Scheduling error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vijay Kumar
Participant

Data Stage Sequencer Scheduling error

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi
I want to schedule a unix script though data stage sequencer Excute cmd stage
When I schedule the job in Data Stage director after specifing the time and by clicking the Schedule button the following error is comming.

Error adding to schedule: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry.
(Command was: at 23:25 today )
(Data was: /ascential/apt/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CASHDB/dsr_sched.sh /ascential/apt/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CASHDB /ascential/apt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine Scheduler 0/0 1 >/dev/null 2>&1)

Could any one tell me what I need to do to overcome this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay Kumar
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

As the name suggests, you do not have permission to schedule in Unix using at. Contact your Unix administrator. There are several reasons for this - some is to check your details in the corresponding allow or deny file or give access to the at command.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may also need to be granted write permission to cronjobs and atjobs directory, or be made a member of the group that has write permission.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vijay Kumar
Participant

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Oh thank you,
I was just thinking of crontab permissions and scheduling. I have permissions for crontab but at command I didn't checked.
Okay I will get permissions for at command and try.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll find you need permissions to both. Basically, the 'cron' command is used for recurring jobs and 'at' is used for those 'one time' job schedules.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers