Getting - ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

memrinal
Participant

Getting - ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex

Post by memrinal »

Hi All,
I have a server shared container which is used to process all the rejected records in the whole project. this container is also used in Paralle jobs. the whole setup was working fine till the jobs were being run individually. Now i am trying to run all the jobs from a script, but getting the following type of error, wherever the container is used.
AddrExtract.BR#0.Error_Account_Records.Error_Account_Records-Input.Rejectfile_field: ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex
Why is this happening.
TIA
Mrinal[/quote]
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Are you attempting to run several jobs calling the same container?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for "mutex" and "SPINTRIES". :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Yes T42,
I am using the same container in several jobs.
Ray i perfomed the seach and now i know the reason for the problem. But i am still not clear on how to resolve it. i can contact the Ascential support for solution but that is a time consuming process. If i can know the specific changes that i need to make in environmental variables (or anything else) to overcome this, then it would be much better.
As mentaioned earliar, the version of DataStage is 7.0 and the server is on UNIX Box, HP-UX 11.11i
Ananda
Participant

Need help

Post by Ananda »

Hi,

Could you please share your experience with this issue, your understanding on the reason and what was the resolution.

I am facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Anand