ASCII to EBCDIC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

ASCII to EBCDIC

Post by nkreddy »

I am trying to convert a sequential file from ASCII format to EBCDIC format. The jobs runs fine with some warnings.

Warning:
Import consumed only 107bytes of the record's 109 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

The actual file has 32181088 rows in it..But the output generated only 32181081 rows.

Format of Source File:

Final delimiter: ''
Delimiter: |
Character: ASCII
Readers per node: 4

Format of Target File

Delimiter: None
Character Set: EBCDIC
Data format: Text
Allow all zeros: Yes

Am I missing something here? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
NK
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

First make sure your data is right. What is happening to the last two bytes??
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

NK,

I noticed your source file setup, with the final delimiter being a Quote character... that is quite uncommon; are you certain that this is correct?

You might also try to put in another output - in the original ASCII format and then comparing the original and the DataStage copy to see where your differences occur.

If you only ued 107 of 109 then you might be losing a <cr><lf>? Was this for all partitions or only one?
nkreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkreddy »

ArndW,

The problem is solved....Now the input and output rows match but the warning stays...and it is for all the partitions...

I am sure that the final delimiter is the same...Otherwise I wouldn't even be able to see the data..I will try to output in ASCII format and see.

These sequential files are always a problem....It is not that I am unable to run the job..But I never liked the warnings.. :?

Thanks,
NK
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Warning:
Import consumed only 107bytes of the record's 109 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)
Ensure that your metadata compromise of 109 bytes. DataStage is trying to read in all the way to the new record toggle (newline), and noticed that there's 2 extra bytes unaccounted for.