index arg (1) exceeds count: 1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vivek,

any limitation on the number of stages and links your designer canvas might have would show up quite differently. I would recommend you contact Ascential support directly if you are in a hurry; your service contract pays for their speedy response.

Is this a compile-time error? Does it refer to a stage? Are you using an "index" function in a transform (it has 3 args in both flavors, but I'm just throwing out possibilities)?
vivek_rs
Participant

Post by vivek_rs »

In a company as large as mine, the paper work involved is much more time consuming than re-designing the job, which is what I am doing right now...

God have mercy on my soul... It has been a real long day (2days long) for me...
Regards,
Vivek RS
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Try to identify which stage produces this error. What stage did you add/modify recently?? Are you calling any external programs in any of your stages. IF this error popped up in a previously running job contact Ascential.
Thanks
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I’m in a real big hurry.

There are times when you can't afford to be "in a real big hurry"; when you have to step back and analyse.

Indeed, anyone I teach DataStage will begin with a paper-based design before even touching the keyboard, as I've found over many years that describing what you plan to do in words serves to clear or to focus the mind, to consider alternatives, and to yield a well thought-out methodology.

This is not wasted time. That document forms the basis for your technical documentation. You probably only need to format it in accordance with your organization's standards.

As I've said before, if you want to know the true cost of urgent, get pricing on priority 24x7 support! This forum is an all-volunteer effort, with folks logging in when they can.

Working over-long hours and rushing can only, in my view, lead to lack of care, incomplete or inaccurate results, and the necessity to review and re-do the work, ultimately requiring more time than doing it right in the first place.

And poor work means that you don't get repeat business.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivek_rs
Participant

Post by vivek_rs »

Hey Ray,
That was some real cool info.
I need that more than anything else.
Thank you.

I was able to find out that this error is occurring after the first few runs, and only IF there is a Join stage in the canvas!

Can someone throw some light on this...?
TiA
Regards,
Vivek RS