BAI2 validation.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

BAI2 validation.

Post by thebird »

Hi,

I have a situation where I have input coming in as BAI2 file,about 60 of them.These are to validated against certain conditions and then output to SAP in BAI2 format again, using Parallel jobs.

Can anybody pls help me regarding this.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Are you really trying to communicate with SAP using DataStage Enterprise Edition on a Windows machine?

You might also enlighten the community as to what you mean by BAI2 files. For example, given that they are a standard format, what exactly do you wish to achieve?

And by what means (mechanism) are you getting these files to and from SAP? This may affect the answers you get.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Hi Ray,

I am kind of new to this.
BAI2 is a file format used by banks to transfer their data. We are getting bank data in BAI2 format via FTP and after validation we are to use the SAP pack to deliver the output from DataStage in BAI2 format to SAP.

I am sorry to have said that we were using a windows machine.Infact it is unix.

regards

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D

Are you really trying to communicate with SAP using DataStage Enterprise Edition on a Windows machine?

You might also enlighten the community as to what you mean by BAI2 files. For example, given that they are a standard format, what exactly do you wish to achieve?

And by what means (mechanism) are you getting these files to and from SAP? This may affect the answers you get.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello TheBird,

first of all, you need to look into the BAI2 definition; which is inherently rather complex. Converting this into a format that a SAP BAPI or IDOC can use is a big project, big enough so that there are actually products available on the market that do nothing but this conversion.

If I recall correctly, the BAI has only one record format with simple data types - but over 100 columns; so making the DataStage metadata representation won't be much work. OTOH, the SAP model is much more complex, but if you only do validation in DS and keep the BAI file format then all is well. Were you asking for a DS metadata definition of this from the forum?
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Hi Arnd,

SAP takes in BAI format, so that is why we need the output from datastage to be in this format. but how do we do a validation on for a BAI file from dataStage? yeah, i was indeed asking for the metadata definition.

Can you help me?

thanx arnd

ArndW wrote:Hello TheBird,

first of all, you need to look into the BAI2 definition; which is inherently rather complex. Converting this into a format that a SAP BAPI or IDOC can use is a big project, big enough so that there are actually products available on the market that do nothing but this conversion.

If I recall correctly, the BAI has only one record format with simple data types - but over 100 columns; so making the DataStage metadata representation won't be much work. OTOH, the SAP model is much more complex, but if you only do validation in DS and keep the BAI file format then all is well. Were you asking for a DS metadata definition of this from the forum?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

TheBird,

I don't have a copy of the metadata definition; and I think that you have to pay a fee to the group that defines the standard for the current documentation and field descriptions :cry:
But if you do find a copy or end up putting one together, I would love to see you post it here so that others might use it.

Good Luck,

-Arnd.