SQLCODE - Upsert

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

SQLCODE - Upsert

Post by akrzy »

What am I doing wrong that the following error appears :
"
Sequential_File_10: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "sqlcode"
"

I use write mode=Upsert and reject=TRUE.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

I think you need to explain a bit more. "upsert" doesn't apply to sequential files, so you are probably working with a table as well ... When are you getting the error and what are you doing? Could your sequential output file be a reject link from database output stage?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you used the name Sequential_File_10 for a database stage??

The error message suggests that you have an expression that uses a field name sqlcode, but that this does not exist in an input stream, or is incorrectly qualified (left over from an earlier version of the job design perhaps).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

Let me explain.

My job reads data from flat file and writes them to database table for example MS SQL Server.

In the Propertise tab (ODBC) I set "Write mode = Upsert" to reject rows to flat file (Sequential_File_10).

For every destination table I have the same error:
"Could not find input field "sqlcode" "
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Akrzy,

did you check your SQL as Ray suggested? Could you be using "sqlcode" incorrectly as a parameter somewhere? Is your error still present when you remove the reject sequential file link?
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

The "sqlcode" coulmn appears in the output link when I check rejected=TRUE (databse stage). This columns appears automaticlaly.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

and does the "sqlcode" column show up in the column definitions of the sequential reject file (it should)? Perhaps you need to turn off column propagation for this stage... do you have it set?
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

Yes, "sqlcode" there is in the column definitions of the sequential reject file
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

Hi akrzy,
As Arnd says, you need to turn off the column propagation for the reject link. That will solve the problem. Again, I raise a question here. What is the impact in the performance on turning on/off the column propagation option? Is it significant?
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

How can I turn off the column propagation for the reject link?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

go into your Oracle stage, to the output link and in the bottom left of the COLUMNS tab you will see the checkbox.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

I can't see any checkbox :(
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

I've found.
In the ADministrator I checked "Enable runtime column propagation".
But It doesn't work still.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You need to uncheck the box in the designer of that job stage, not in the administrator. Are you writing straight from the Oracle stage into a Sequential error file, or are you going through a transform? I just wrote a dummy job with a reject link and it worked fine... Perhaps you could delete the file & link from your job and recreate it - just to make sure that it isn't some issue in the job design. Also, did you enable the tick-box in the Oracle stage to write the rejects to a reject link?
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

Hi akrzy,
Just double-click the stage from which the link to the reject file arises (It may be a transformer or a database stage itself). Go to the column tab and find the check-box at the bottom left. Just uncheck and your problem will be solved! I don't know any other way to explain :D
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."