Peoplesoft EPM and Datastage Connectivity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbeeram
Participant

Peoplesoft EPM and Datastage Connectivity

Post by vbeeram »

Hi,

Where can I find white papers or literature about the conection process between DataStage 7.x and PeopleSoft EPM?

Any body know abt this connectivity?

Thanks
Vbeeram
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

At Ascential website under Partners topic.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To connect to the databases jobs use the Dynamic Relational Stage, with the access protocol set appropriately (Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, etc).

Table definitions have been preloaded for tables that contain PeopleSoft data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There is a product called DataStage for PeopleSoft and it comes packaged with PeopleSoft EPM. It is a Standard Edition of DataStage and comes with thousands of mappings out of the box and the PeopleSoft PACK for DataStage for extracting from PeopleSoft databases.

There is currenlty no version written using parallel jobs, mainly because the license is restricted to just 4 CPUs. There are upgrade license options to take you from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition but all your jobs will still be Standard jobs and you will have to write your own parallel jobs.

To extract from core PeopleSoft systems you use the PeopleSoft PACK. To load to EPM you use database stages as shown in Ray's post. I believe that DataStage for PeopleSoft uses Dynamic RDBMS stages.