Datastage PX course DS314PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

Datastage PX course DS314PX

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi,
I'm planning to take "DS314PX" online course. I'm wondering has anybody already taken it? From site I found out it's $500 but I couldn't get the details like what's the duration? How helpful it is?Do they provide any hard copy of study material? Samples? What it consists of?

Please let me know your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks!!!
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's not great. It's old, version 6.x, it doesn't cover sequential jobs or job control. It doesn't give you any useability tips and tricks such as how to automap or propogate, how to insert a stage between two existing stages, why you would use stage variables, using annotations, difference between loading table definitions and dragging and dropping them. These are all things a good trainer would show you in a course as they went through the material. It assumes you are already familiar with a version of DataStage.

About the only thing it offers that you cannot get in the Parallel Job Developers Guide is the exercises.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Also, from what I recall, the $500 dollar version of the online classes last 30 days. If you pay full price (in essence the same as the live class) then you have access to the material for one year.

At least that's how it was a few years ago when I priced it out for my compatriots.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lcduddridge
Participant

Post by lcduddridge »

Learn it from ValueCap. They are ex-developers of PX. They can conduct on-site px course (with all bell and whistles).

My client organized training and I attended. It was great to know the framework architecture and OSH tricks. Ascential does not cover these topics.
Bilwakunj
Participant

Re: Datastage PX course DS314PX

Post by Bilwakunj »

Thanks guys for the valuable feedback. But now the question what class shd I attend , I want to take online class ..
Also I visited the ValueCap site but there they haven't mentioned about the PX course. Do they conduct it on regular basis?
Please let me know.