Creating XML Files from DS PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aolasoji_2
Participant

Creating XML Files from DS PX

Post by aolasoji_2 »

I am shopping for a tool for some Data Migration work and I'd like to ask if anybody out there have any idea if DS can create via a transformation job an XML file from an input of a text file. My target system will only accept as Input an XML file format. Can any of the assential tool do this for me and does anybody have any material or contact that might be of help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can do this easily with a Server job, using the XMLReader stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Creating XML Files from DS PX

Post by s_boyapati »

aolasoji_2 wrote:I am shopping for a tool for some Data Migration work and I'd like to ask if anybody out there have any idea if DS can create via a transformation job an XML file from an input of a text file. My target system will only accept as Input an XML file format. Can any of the assential tool do this for me and does anybody have any material or contact that might be of help
Yes, you can use DS for creating XML files. Make sure your client's version and DS XML version are same. I had minor issues regarding that.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You can do this easily with a Server job, using the XMLReader stage.
And a server container too.

XMLReader is available on your DataStage Server/client CD. Help can be found through searching of this forum and within documents on those CDs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

T42 means a shared container, containing server job components (specifically the XMLWriter stage).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Yes, I meant that. But I specified "Server" as there is a Parallel Container option also available.

Or maybe my memory is a bit flaky at the moment...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Both server and parallel jobs have local and shared containers. Is that what you had in mind? For PX refer to page 3-1 of the Parallel Job Developer's Guide.
jatinrheen
Participant

Post by jatinrheen »

IN DS 7.5 , Ascential introduced RTI Services

XML INPUT,XMLOUTPUT,XML TRANSFORMER..

XML INPUT : Takes XML as input and move the contant to ORCHESTRATE
XML OUTPUT : Accepts any input and makes a XML out of it.
XML Transformer : Accepts one XML and transforms into another XML...

XML PACK 7.5...

Use these stuff....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These are actually in 7.1r1. 8)