Cannot access partitioned tables in Oracle 8i Enterprise Sta

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodlakshmanan
Participant

Cannot access partitioned tables in Oracle 8i Enterprise Sta

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

This is a post on behalf of a friend:
We have to read 2months of data (approximately 16 million records) from a table. For this we are using 8 Oracle Enterprise stages for faster retrieval and then using a funnel to merge it.

We were suggested to use the partition table clause instead of 8 oracle stages by Ascential guys.

However on using that we are getting the following error.

Code: Select all

##E TDOR 000299 23:04:42(001) <OrclBANK_CK_AUTH_FCT1>

APT_OracleRowid8PartTable: failed to get the block count.

The table in use is partitioned.
Any pointers to why this could be happening.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Partition Table option is _NOT_ related to Oracle's Partition table. Partition Table is a behavior used in PX in pulling data from Oracle. It does NOT work with Oracle's Partitioned tables.

You could file an enhancement request, but unfortunately, until this is provided as a feature, you are advised to not use Partition Table option on Oracle's partitioned tables.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

I'm sure you've already found a work-around for this, but I thought I'd update this thread, since I've run into the same issue.

I've found that this error occurs when using the "table" read method in combination with partitioned Oracle tables (and views which access partitioned tables). As a work-around, use the other read methods other than "table", such as "Auto-generated SQL", "User-defined SQL", or "SLQ Builder generated SQL".

I'm on DS EE 7.5.1A on RHEL AS3.