DB2 connector stage - initial setup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sami
Participant

DB2 connector stage - initial setup

Post by sami »

Hi,

I am trying to initialize/setup a new DB2 connection for my project, so that I can use the DB2 Connector in data stage to read a table from mainframe. Can you please let me know the steps that are required for this?

I just have the catalog setup as the first step, but not able to test the connection in DB2 connector stage. I am getting the below error
"The connection Failed. An error occurred while getting the DB2 instance. Verify that the valid DB2 instance is specified in the Instance property. The method sqlegins returned reason code 0, SQLCODE -1390"
Can you please help to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Validate that the DB2 client on your unix environment is 100% functional first.

You should be able to connect to your DB2 table using the db2 command line interface.

After that, update your dsenv with the DB2 information to set up that environment.

Stuff like this:

##DB2 Source Profile - Start
export DB2DIR=/db2iclnt/sqllib
export DB2INSTANCE=db2icae
export INSTHOME=/db2iclnt
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$DB2DIR/lib64
export PATH=$PATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/bin:$INSTHOME/sqllib/adm
export APT_DB2INSTANCE_HOME=/db2iclnt/sqllib
##DB2 Source Profile - End

Then bounce datastage engine, and try your job again.

Should it fail, then look at your project parameters. The administrator tool will show you operator specific settings. that db2 instant might be there.

But the above steps should get you started. Please note that the above paths will be different for your organization and is just made as a reference here.