returning zeros varchar fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

returning zeros varchar fields

Post by Developer9 »

Hi ,

I am using Teradata DB for my source and target ..some of columns defined as integer

Code: Select all

JOB 1 TD ---Target ds 
Seq file columns defined as varchar otherwise If I am giving as integer getting the following error

JOB 2 Seq_Read,0: Field "field" has import error and no default value; data: {X}, at offset: 25

JOB 2 Seq (file) --xfm --source ds
In transformer stage ,mapped columns as varachar to integer fields so getting zeros instead I expect the output as string (X).is it not a implicit conversion ?

I need to use change capture stage for that both datasets data type should match

job 3 (Target ds ) and -source ds  --Change capture stage
Please suggest me on this conversion
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need an explicit conversion, I would wager. How about showing us the input and what you want the output to look like? So people can provide more targeted advice rather than something generic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Curious if you've solved this... and if so, would you please post the resolution? Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

@Chulett,

Sorry I was caught up with the testing my jobs.

Input (source)

Div|field
05|X
25|X
30|X

In my target TERADATA DB (field) it is defined as an integer but for my testing I choose value as X instead of integer value :) I guess that is the reason it is throwing that warning.

Thanks for the follow up