Datastage 11.5 RCP Oracle 12c Varchar field issue.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... as a total SWAG on my part... is there a way to include the extended "Unicode" property in the schema file?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Childrensmn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Childrensmn »

Hi Criag,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes in the schema file we can define it. Instead of "string" as the datatype if we define the datatype as "ustring", that will just act as extended "Unicode" for the varchar.

But if we have 200 staging tables, i will have to define 200 schema files.

And if i have to use the schema file, than i will have to go with stages like sequential file and i am not sure if sequential file stage will be handle the history load.

I am guessing it has to do more with the NLS, but just don't know what NLS setting i have to use.
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Check if the schema used at run time have all fields as ustring, if yes then add an environment variable to the DS project name it "NLS_LANG" and set it to "AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252", add it to the DS job

Let us know how it goes
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
Childrensmn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Childrensmn »

Hi Julio,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did incorporate the same and it did work.

Added NLS_LANG to user defined environmental variables in DS Admin Client. Used the parameter in the job with the value set to "AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252" and ran the job. I see a perfect match between source and target data.