Timestamp issue in ODBC stage of Vertica Database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shankararunn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Timestamp issue in ODBC stage of Vertica Database

Post by shankararunn »

In input i am receiving the timestamp as 2016-04-05-19.23.38.453000 in string format and need to convert it to timestamp as 2016-04-05 19:23:38.453000. I used timestamp from string function in transformer, but its failing in the insert saying " ODBC Info: SQLSTATE = 22008: Native Error Code = 40,520: Msg = [Vertica][Support] (40520) Datetime field overflow resulting from invalid datetime " . Please help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: Once again, splitting you off from a vaguely related topic to one of your own. Maybe just start with a new one next time.

Can you show us the syntax of the function you used in your job?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Also - can you try outputting the timestamp to the director log using a Peek to see what is being output?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no need to ask the question via Private Message unless you are seeking to engage services on a professional basis.

What format string are you using with the TimestampFromString() function?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.