Oracle connector failure - invalid LOB locator specififed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stel1
Participant

Oracle connector failure - invalid LOB locator specififed

Post by stel1 »

Hello DSers!!

I'm trying to update a table which has a CLOB field. (I'm quite certain the issue is because of the Oracle connector, as I have tried with the Dataset and the job ran fine).

My job is getting aborted with the following errors.

Upd_Tbl,1: The OCI function OCIStmtExecute returned status 1. Error code: 22275, Error message: ORA-22275: invalid LOB locator specified.

... UPDATE STATEMENT ..

Upd_Tbl,1: The OCI function OCIStmtExecute returned status -1. Error code: 24381, Error message: ORA-24381: error(s) in array DML. (CC_OraStatement::executeUpdate, file CC_OraStatement.cpp, line 3,163)

Please help me in resolving the same.. Thanks!
Reg,
StelBrit
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would make sure your Array Size is set to 1, if you haven't done that already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Supposedly the connector does that (Array size of one) if you specify the right type for the CLOB...
When LongVarBinary, LongVarChar and LongNVarChar link columns are used, the connector disables array processing and enforces the Array size value of 1, even if you specify small Length attribute values for those link columns.
Is the datatype set to LongVarChar? Also - is it at the END of the column definitions? BLOBS / CLOBS must be positioned at the end in the DataStage columns, regardless of their actual position in the Oracle table.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

True... and when it forces the array size to 1 it will note it in the job's log from what I recall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

In order to use OCI LOB locators for all LongVarchar, LongNVarchar, and LongVarBinary columns, set the CC_ORA_LOB_LOCATOR_COLUMNS environment variable to (all)

More information on https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... lumns.html