Eliminate warnings on empty lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Joshi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Eliminate warnings on empty lookup

Post by Joshi »

Hello,

I searched the forum but did not find any answer.

The customers developer guide defines jobs to be developed "warning free". I am using a lookup-stage which might be empty. How can I eliminate the warning on the empty lookup stream?

Regards,

Joerg
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Joshi,

An empty lookup stream does not generate a warning in DataStage. What is your "lookup failure" condition - if you set that to "reject" that would cause the job to fail. Also, what is your exact warning message?
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Actually, I've seen the warning Joshi is referencing several times on my current version 11.3 project... it might be new behavior since I don't ever remember encountering that before.

Your options are to include an extra dummy record in the reference input that will never match anything or use a message handler.

You might want to contact your official support provider to see if there is any other option.

Mike
Joshi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Joshi »

Thank you all, I will let the local IBM support team know.

Greetings,

Joerg
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm on a 11.x machine and tested my reply yesterday before posting; no warning seen.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

My current project is not on the latest 11.x fix pack, so maybe that issue has been fixed.

Mike
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I'm not seeing any warnings on version 11.3.1.2 with any empty reference file, created empty by using the touch command.

What warning(s) are you finding? Can you share the detailed job log?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius