IBM DB2 Enterprise stage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bucks
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM DB2 Enterprise stage.

Post by bucks »

Hi,

I have been trying to run a datastage parallel job in 9.1 that loads data from dataset and loads into DB2 bulk stage. This particular job has been recently migrated from 7.5 version to 9.1 however the DB2 stage is not yet upgraded to connector stage.

Earlier table structure was including 24 columns however one of the columns was not being used in the job and hence only 23 columns were defined in the metadata in the ETL job. Job was running fine in both 7.5 and 9.1 versions.

Recently the table structure of this table was changed (4 new columns) added. Now when running the job to include newly added fields with total of 27 columns (since once column is not required) we are seeing an wierd error message as below!!

ERROR occurred : loading table, SQLCODE 4294963794.

tried to look up for the error code but could not get anything.

However I have tried cretaing the copy job to inlcude the additional column that was not being used and then ran the job and it ran fine.I am confused with this behaviour.

Could someone please throw some light
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Without looking for that error code, I wonder if that unused column might have been changed from nullable to not nullable while adding the new columns.

If you change the mode to use insert rather than bulk load you will most likely get a much better error message showing what the problem is.