Queries failing sometimes with SQL0433N on db2 10.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chsivasai
Participant

Queries failing sometimes with SQL0433N on db2 10.5

Post by chsivasai »

I am using DB2 connector to Update a table and the job works fine with Datastage 8.7 and DB2 9.1, but the same job fails sporadically with DB2 10.5.

I am updating using the primary keys on the table.

I have tried running the Connector in Sequential, making the Array size 1 and Auto commit Off. Still the job runs fine sometimes and fails sometimes, with the following error :
SQLExecute reported: SQLSTATE = 22001: Native Error Code = -433: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0433N Value "C" is too long. SQLSTATE=22001 (CC_DB2DBStatement::executeUpdate, file CC_DB2DBStatement.cpp, line 1,316

Did any of you encounter this issue ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. What is the data type of column C? This error suggests that it is a string with a particular maximum length, and that there are data arriving that are larger than that size.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chsivasai
Participant

Re: Queries failing sometimes with SQL0433N on db2 10.5

Post by chsivasai »

It's a char(1) column.. I have dumped the data and there is only 1 char in the field.. btw same job with same dataset runs some times and fails sporadically against db2 10.5 ...

Job consistently runs to success against db2 9.1.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

did you verify if NLS settings are same in both DB2 environments? Are you using the same set of data for both the environment?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could be a bug in the client or database itself in that version, ran into odd behavior like that with Oracle every now and then over the years. Have you involved your official support provider yet?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or it may be that your source has non-printable characters. For example, if this field were at the end of a line in a text file, the line terminator might be read as part of the field.

And, of course, involve your DB2 DBA and DB2 support.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.