IDOC load connector stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skathaitrooney
Participant

IDOC load connector stage

Post by skathaitrooney »

Hi Guys,

I am facing issues connecting to SAP systems.

If i use the IDOC load connector stage, then while selecting the idoc type iam getting the below error:
CALL_FUNCTION_SIGNON_INCOMPL
Incomplete logon data
But if use the same rfc connection to establish the connection using Idoc load stage for SAP R3, i am able to connect to SAP app server.

Is there any kind of extra configurations need to be setup for the idoc load connector stage?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Do you have all of the patches for your version?

I was prepping for an 11.3.1 installation at the beginning of the year and there were several patches related to SAP that were needed post-installation.

Mike
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

Thanks Mike for the info.

I just got to know that there are a few Transports and profiles that are needed to be deployed at the SAP end as well.

Do you have any idea about this if you might have done the same?

i am following http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21579738
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

After installing all the transports provided by IBM at the SAP end , we still faced this issue. We found a security parameter at SAP end, RFC something like that, we played with its value and change it to 1. Earlier its value was 9. This worked for us and now we are able to connect.
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

Also we found through IBM that the way Datastage idoc connector stage connects to SAP is different than it does using R3 stages, hence this new problem arises in the new stage.