OSH in XMETA

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jwilliams
Participant

OSH in XMETA

Post by jwilliams »

Hi there,

One of the tools we've developed to help with impact analysis within datastage jobs scours a few fields within XMETA to look for references to table and column names. Of all the different artifacts in XMETA, the place where we find the most useful information is the column ORCHESTRATECODE_XMETA, within the DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSJOBDEFC2E76D84 table.

Recently I've been noticing that that column is often NULL for jobs I wouldn't expect. The NULLs themselves aren't surprising, but rather the occasions when that column might be NULL. I always figured that it would be NULL for noncompiled jobs, and perhaps even jobs in other bad states, but now I'm noticing that it's NULL for jobs where both the executable and the design are in the project, and the job is in a good state. It's available for some, just not all. I can't seem to find a pattern discerning why.

I'm sure my understanding of how this column is populated is off. Does anyone have any specific knowledge of the conditions by which the OSH is placed into this table, or the conditions by which it's not?

Thanks so much.
Best,
J