C++ Compiler version for AIX 7.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

C++ Compiler version for AIX 7.1

Post by mandyli »

Hi

we are using Datastage 9.1 on IBM AIX OS level 6.1 with "10.1.0.0 COMMITTED IBM XL C/C++ Compiler" but as per new systems build we are going with same Datastage 9.1 and AIX OS level 7.1 instead of 6.1 .

Is there any way we can install both C++ 12.1 and 10.1 versions on same AIX server?

I hope all datastage code will compile on higher version of C++ 12.1 compiler.

Thanks
Man
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: C++ Compiler version for AIX 7.1

Post by chulett »

mandyli wrote:I hope all datastage code will compile on higher version of C++ 12.1 compiler.
Your hopes may be dashed seeing as how experience has taught us that one must use only supported compilers (make & model) for your DataStage version and Operating System.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Not sure how the "same box" applies here since you have a different version of OS on the new box. Thus... not the same box.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would reiterate what Craig said, to only use the supported compiler that is listed on the IBM system requirements page according to your version of DataStage and OS.

And where the web page says "minimum version" required, ignore that, and replace "minimum" with "exact." I would even go a step further down to the compiler fix pack or PTF level.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius