Bind Variables in ORAOCI9 stage replacement in parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dominique_walker_gm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Bind Variables in ORAOCI9 stage replacement in parallel jobs

Post by dominique_walker_gm »

I am converting all server jobs to parallel jobs from DataStage 8.7 to 9.1 and in the ORAOCI9 stage the sql uses bind variables. When I view data in the server jobs everything displays properly. When I make the similar stage in the 9.1 parallel job, Oracle Connector, the bind variables don't work. Also in the server job the two ORAOCI9 stages go into a transformer and in my new parallel job they go into a lookup stage because its the only one that supports reference links.

So my question is how could I replace the bind variables for this job to return the correct data?
felixyong
Participant

Re: Bind Variables in ORAOCI9 stage replacement in parallel

Post by felixyong »

About DataType Binding for Oracle - http://www-304.ibm.com/support/knowledg ... oracc.html

It provide you the Oracle Environment Variables for the Oracle Connector to handle some internal binding.

e.g. VARCHAR2 to NVARCHAR using CC_ORA_BIND_FOR_NCHARS

You can try this link - http://www-304.ibm.com/support/knowledg ... arora.html

This information will work in 9.1 as I've see my customer get it work in 9.1.2.
Regards
Felix
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Felix, please use the Reply to topic button to post a reply, this rather than quote everything you are replying to all the time - unless appropriate, of course. I had nine posts from yesterday to clean up. :wink:

Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers