Question on Link Counts in the Director Monitor view

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Question on Link Counts in the Director Monitor view

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We have a simple Job that has a DB2 connector as the source data going into a LookUp stage and the reference data into the LookUp is another DB2 connector. The link name from the reference DB2 connector to the Lookup Stage is named "inCurrentAPP".

In the monitor when I look at this link under the DB2 stage I see a "0" count which is correct. This same link under the LookUp stage shows a count of over 1 million rows which is the actual count of the source stream.

Is this as expected or a bug in the monitor?

Thanks -- John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could be. Take a look at the score - the Lookup stage actually generates two operators - one to build (and index) the lookup data set in memory (LUT_CreateOp) and the other actually to use the reference data set (LUT_ProcessOp (this name varies in different versions)). This is known as a composite operator. So maybe the monitor is reporting from the wrong one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.