Autocommit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

Autocommit

Post by dr.murthy »

HI,

i have job to get the data from oracle connector and doing some tranformations then finally it loads into SQL server using ODBC connector.This job is working fine as expected, but only concern is incase if the job fails in middile it inserting the partial data into SQL server table, have to delete the data manually for next run.

is there any option in datastage to restrict once the job completes succesfully then only load data into table.

i tried with auto commit off and transaction size 0 but it behaves like if my job fails in the middle of the run it loads the partial data into table.

my job design soemthing like similar to Source --> transformer --> SQL Server , here lets say in my source have 100 records in transformer i set a condition abort the abort after pass 10 records to next link(SQL Server) finally 10 records loading into target table but i dont want to load these 10 records if my job abots.

can any one please suggest on this?
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Looks like the official answer is to set Autocommit mode to off and Record Count to zero. If that's not working, then I would involve support.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

Thanks for responding Chulett.

I tried above option but its not working
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure you have all the latest fixpacks for your version and if so, involve support.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Also note the docs specifically say Record Count rather than Transaction Size should be set to zero...
-craig