XML Stage xpath drill down issue..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sramanan
Participant

XML Stage xpath drill down issue..

Post by sramanan »

Hi,

I have the below xpath which i need to MAP to the target table.

BxxxxxVehicle/Vxxxx_Ext/VxxxxNotes/Entry/Author/UserxxxxCodes/Entry/ProducerCode/Organization/Contact/entity-Person/XXDriverLicenceDate_Ext

In the XML Assembly Editor, Output Step --> Output --> Mappings, when we drill down the structure, we can navigate upto xpath
BxxxxxVehicle/Vxxxx_Ext/VxxxxNotes/Entry/Author/UserxxxxCodes/Entry/ProducerCode/Organization/Contact/entity-Person/

Though there are child elements still available below the element <entity-person> the list is not getting displayed. I took the following steps to rectify the issue.

1. I increased the heap size to 512 MB
2. I added another XML parser making the document root and xml source pointing only to the xml chunk where i can avoid lengthy xpath. The mapping was successful. The job runs fine but the data not getting loaded in the table
3. I also tried adding another XML parser where i derive the XML Source from previous xml parser and set the document root to the expected xpath. The mapping was successful.
The job runs fine but the data not getting loaded in the table
4. I tried to find a way to input relative path in the Source, But tool does not have editable text field

The XML library was having the elements <Organization><Contact><Entity-person>, the Assembly editor output Step-->output-->Mapping does not reflect this. I could not attach the image to provide a better visual example.

Am i missing anything here? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks in Advance
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There is a lot going on here, and many possibilities for not getting rows. First of all, remove any rdbms target stages when testing xml parsing. Just send the data to a flat file until your assembly is working as you expect.

Put a new empty link on the output of your xml stage.

Second. Map a blue list icon for one of your chikdren to the output link list icon (use the More... feature in the pull down to see the whole available tree.) Then click propagate to get just the elements of that node.

Third....turn on strict validation as a test.....just to see if your document is being rejected for other reasons.

See if and when you can get rows.....still not gettjng any and the doc is valid?.....map a differ t blue list icon to the output link. .....when first using the stage, dont go deep......get the very first blue list to be retrived successfully.....move on from there.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>