It is recommended you recompile the job in order to use the

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aneesh5142
Premium Member
Premium Member

It is recommended you recompile the job in order to use the

Post by aneesh5142 »

I am getting the message while prompting for run
"It is recommended you recompile the job in order to use the latest version of the Shared Container(s). Do you want to continue without recompiling the job?"
I created the job from an existing job from production which is using a shared container .This shared container is used by other jobs also.

I made a copy of shared container to customize for the new requirement. Changed the logic of two columns and Saved the container. In the job removed the existing container and dragged the new one verified the input output links and saved and compiled. When giving run option getting the above mentioned message.

How can I avoid this . When the code is moved to another environment will there I face the same issue?

Can anyone please help me.
IBM-DS
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Are you getting this message everytime when you are running ?
If you export with executables to other regions, I dont think it will ask for compilation again.
aneesh5142
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aneesh5142 »

Yes I am getting this message every time when I runs. I converted this container to local then this warning is not coming. But I want it to be shared container.
IBM-DS
vibwipro
Participant

Re: It is recommended you recompile the job in order to use

Post by vibwipro »

Please check while exporting whether you have checked Include dependent Items ?? It is suggested to uncheck this option if you are taking export of only jobs. You can check Exclude read-only items options.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could your shared container contain a call to another shared container? Also, if you explicitly do a "force compile" in your job then will the warning message go away?