datasliceid clarification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

datasliceid clarification

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I have userdefined sql In netezza connector which will return 100 rows.Let us assume I Included following condition in where clause

WHERE mod(datasliceid,[[node-count]])=[[node-number]]

1)Can anyone explain for each row what is the value of [[node-count]],[[node-number]] and datasliceid.I am using 4 node configuration so [[node-count]] is always 4.What is the value of datasliceid and [[node-number]].

From the manual The column datasliceid is a special Netezza column specific to each table but not clear to me
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"node-number" would be 1,2,3 or 4 in your case. As for the Netezza specific questions you keep asking, those should be going to your DBA.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not try it and see? Assuming it's a contiguous number, your mod() mechanism would distribute them fairly evenly. However - the results of the mod would be 0-3 so you'd need to subtract 1 from the node-number in your expression for the check to work properly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers