MQ Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

MQ Connector

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

1)In our project we are using WEbsphere MQ Connector and i am analyzing that job to understand its functionality.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... 2807180503

In the above link page no 4 start and create and start the queue manager on MQ server is the first step.
Not sure where to go and how to proceed?

2)What is advantage of writing messages to queue instead of writing to flatfile or table?

3)In which scenario MQ Connector is used?
For Flat files-->sequential file stage
oracle datbase-->oracle connector
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

IBM's MQ products are comprehensive and complex; the system started off as a message queuing product on hosts, and evolved to become a method of secure information delivery; i.e. a message sent via MQ is guaranteed to be delivered once only - without the programmer having to worry about the process.

Thus your questions (2) and (3) are best answered by looking at the MQ documentation and getting a feel for what the product does.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A better answer for (3) is that MQ is best used when either of the following scenarios applies:
  • DataStage is reading from a queue to which another application is writing data

DataStage is writing to a queue from which another application is reading the data
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.