Commit issue in Oracle Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Commit issue in Oracle Connector

Post by soumya5891 »

I have a simple job where loading to a oracle table using oracle connector table. I have set the value of APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL to 0. So all the rows will be committed at a time.

Now purposefully I'm aborting the job by creating some unique violation in the target table and observed the below behavior in three different cases as follows.

Total no of recs : 5

1. Partition type=Auto,Execution=Parallel : Three records inserted in the target table

2. Partition type=Auto,Execution=Sequential : Nothing inserted in the target table

3. Partition type=Oracle Connector,Execution=Parallel : Nothing inserted in the target table

I can understand that for the first case oracle connector is running DS node rather DB node that's why it's committing after loading completion from each DS node,

Please correct if my understanding is wrong
Soumya
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to test it with a significant number of records, five isn't nearly enough for a proper test as there is also a TIME element involved, never mind buffering.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers