DB2 Connector Internals

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SwathiCh
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Connector Internals

Post by SwathiCh »

Hi All,

Can any one help me how DB2 or Oracle Connector stages work on Backend? Manual is saying it is using APIs but not mentioned what APIs it is really calling for DB2?

I see on DB side, it is triggering some packages/procedures when I run the job but any one having the list of all procedures it calls when we try to Insert/Update/Delete on DB from DB2 connector?

Thanks..
--
Swathi Ch
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will get some idea by downloading some of the other Connector stage types from developerWorks - some of them even include source code.

From memory, the DB2 API is very similar to the ODBC API.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SwathiCh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SwathiCh »

Thanks Ray for Information.

I searched IBM.DeveloperWorks to find the APIs, but I couldn't find any.

Can you route me to the page from where can I download APIs?

And also may I know where can I find ODBC API information...Thanks.
--
Swathi Ch
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ODBC API is published by Microsoft Corporation. I'll have to research the link to developerWorks - don't have it with me.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagikondaveti
Participant

Post by nagikondaveti »

Ray,
Is there any way to edit stages like DB2 connector?

Example, logging property set to NO by default. I would like to change it to YES so that my developers dont have to change it every time when they create new jobs.
Nagi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe there is any way to change default property settings in out-of-the-box stages (in general - though the Sequential File stage does allow default format to be selected).
SwathiCh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SwathiCh »

Thank you Ray for the Information.

I verified the ODBC API's code. It looks like we are calling Java classes on backend from connector stages.

So If I have 4 node configuration file, then each session will create a separate java class instance and that java instance process the data row by row it receives from ETL job?? Or is there any buffer collector which collect all data from ETL job by session and invoke java class to process all data at once?
--
Swathi Ch