horizontal pivoting using transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HemaV
Participant

horizontal pivoting using transformer

Post by HemaV »

Hi All,

Needed a logic in transformer for the below scenario. i shouldn't use pivot stage. and needed in datastage and not using unix.

I/P data:
Account_numb Name Total
123 ABCDEF 123456789
345 GHIJKLMN 987654321

O/P data:
Account_numb Name Total
123 AB 123
123 CD 456
123 EF 789
345 GH 987
345 IJ 654
345 KL 321
345 MN NULL

Thanks in Advance,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: horizontal pivoting using transformer

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is possible. What have you tried?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Sorry, General Rant alert that's been building up again for some time now :!:

Please do not come here and simply post input and output samples with no other information. Spell out your requirements in words so we don't have to puzzle them out from the (often) confusing, incomplete or made-up examples. Tell us what you've tried and what issue(s) you are having. We are not a silver platter laundry service where you drop off your work one day and then come back and pick it up the next.

If you honestly have no idea how to approach the problem, that's ok - just say so. We'll help you get started, point you in the right direction.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Awesome... two posts with the same content. Going to lock this one, please use the other in its place.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers