Teradata connector error: offset 0 parsing parameter 0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata connector error: offset 0 parsing parameter 0

Post by bgs_vb »

Hello All,

I am trying to load data from dataset to teradata using teradata connector. I get the below error. Can someone help please.

Teradata_Connector_test: Unexpected character found at offset 0 parsing parameter 0 (CC_DBStmtParamParser::getNextToken, file CC_DBStmtParamParser.cpp, line 246)

Thanks in advance.

bgs_vb
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you supplying any values to the stage that contain "special characters"? If not, please provide details as to how you have it configured in the job.

I'd also be curious if this is the first attempt at using that stage in your environment or other jobs have used it successfully and just this one doesn't work?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

I am using sql server as source and yes I see few data's containing spl character like !,$ etc

I wonder whether this is issue for loading to Teradata?

This is my first attempt at using Td connector stage.
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

I filtered records with spl. character and tried to load. I get a different error as below:

TERT_test_insert,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: Unable to start MultiLoad process : MultiLoad failed: Check MultiLoad report STG_473_1_ins.rpt for details
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

bgs_vb wrote:This is my first attempt at using Td connector stage.
:idea: That's an important piece of information to pass along.

It would seem you've missed the 'Configure DataStage for Teradata' steps that you need to do before it knows how to run on your system. Should be documented in the Connector's manual from what I recall. It will also be online, here as one example. Also note that 'configure' includes ensuring that the TD client is installed on the DS server.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers