Datastage job aborts with unusual error message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Datastage job aborts with unusual error message

Post by soumya5891 »

I have a simple job where performing SCD(using SCD stage) and followed by a transformer and lastly a DB2 connector which is running in upsert mode.

The job is throwing some unusual error message in one of the environment but in other environment it works fine.Below is the error message.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,2: An error occurred while determining the row partition. The method sqlugrpn returned reason code 0, SQLCODE -6,044. (CC_DB2Partitioner::partitionOneTopLevelDataItem, file CC_DB2Partitioner.cpp, line 1,243).

I have used env variable and disable the operator combination and it shows the fatal is in the transformer stage.

Again when I removed the target DB2 connector with a dataset then again the job ran fine.

I searched lot but didn't find anything suitable to this.
Soumya
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Thanks a lot for your response. I deleted the transformer and again build from transformer to DB2 connector. Then the job ran fine. From my understandings this basically happens when we are trying to run DB2 connector on DB node and we don't have distribution key of that particular table is not present in the schema. Please correct if I wrong.
Soumya