How to throw a warning in PX job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

evandal
Participant

How to throw a warning in PX job

Post by evandal »

Hi, does anyone have an easy way to throw a warning into the job log from a PX job? For server I used to have a routine that would do a "Call DSLogWarn(MessageString, RoutineName)".

Basically, I just need to be able to pass a string inside a transformer or some other stage and have it show up as a warning in the job log.

Currently running 8.5 FP2
Eric Vandal - CGI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use the same technique in an after-job subroutine in a parallel job. From within a Transformer stage, however, you would need to have created a parallel routine (compiled, linked and recorded it) that you could call from the Transformer stage. That routine would use the DataStage API functions to work with the job log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
evandal
Participant

Post by evandal »

Yah, I was trying to avoid having to to create an external object. It's one more thing to maintain and promote through the environments. Any other ideas?
Eric Vandal - CGI