ODBC Connector truncates exceeding length column values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monishab
Participant

Post by monishab »

Hi,

We are using SQL Server database with DataStage as ETL.

Am trying to build a geneic datastage job to populate multiple set of PSV files using schema file approach.

While Loading into Database tables, am trying to validate the data for Datatype, data length and Nullability through individual Schema files.

Schema file was being called in Column Import stage and expecting schema file to validate for above said checks and populate into database.
But to my surprise, instead of rejecting the data which has exceedign length, schema file is allowwing them to pass through to database table.

Neither schema file is rejecting the exceeding length data nor database is rejecting them instead those are getting truncated and populated into database table.

What could be the reason for this behaviour? How can I overcome this issue? Please Advice!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have a reject link from your Column Import stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
monishab
Participant

Post by monishab »

Yes.
I do have reject link in both stages Column Import and ODBC connector as well.
sam paul
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sam paul »

Is 'Fail on size mismatch' option under 'Schema Reconciliation' set to YES in ODBC Connector. That's the option to catch schema mismatch errors.

If no luck, you may have to look for IBM patch documentation for ODBC connector stage.