Change data capture-comparison of 2 records in after dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser7
Participant

Change data capture-comparison of 2 records in after dataset

Post by dsuser7 »

Hi,

I have a job comparing 2 datasets - before and after and supposed to capture the edits and inserts.

The after dataset has 2 records with same key column and the before dataset has 1 record with the key column.

Before ds:
K1,1,a

After ds:
K1,1,a
K1,2,b

Expected Result;
K1,1,a,no change
K1,2,b,edit

Actual result:
K1,1,a,no change
K1,2,b,insert

When the job runs, the 1st record in After ds gets compared with the one in Before ds and outputs nothing as there is no change.
But the 2nd record in the After ds comes out as an insert even though the key matches with the one in Before ds, just because the Before ds record is exhausted.

Is there a work around, so that both After records gets compared with the one in Before dataset.

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is an interesting scenario, for purposes of the CDC the key is considered unique and as you noted the records are consumed.

You would need to ensure that the records are duplicated in both streams prior to the changed data capture; perhaps using a join or lookup to ensure a 1:1 matching of keys.
Last edited by ArndW on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikhil_bhasin
Participant

Post by nikhil_bhasin »

I guess, for Change capture stage, there should be unique keys in both before and after data. In my opinion DS won't do a row position by position comparison.
dsuser7
Participant

Post by dsuser7 »

Thanks for your replies. Guess I will have to de dup the After dataset so it has just 1 record.