DS Job is running running never ends

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IBMDS4KK
Participant

DS Job is running running never ends

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Hi DS Mates,

I am running one job which is having 2 stages, oracle connector and dataset. Fetching the data and placing in dataset. Instead of either finishing or aborting it was still running.

When I run that query using SQL Developer, it was taking 5 hrs to get the o/p. But in DS Job why this happens ?

Please suggest !
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

5 Hours to get the result for SQL developer? Either a very complex query is running on huge data or something is wrong.

SQL developer you might have got the first 50 records, as it does by default. DataStage will pull out all the records before it stops. Can you see the number of records getting increased in monitor?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
IBMDS4KK
Participant

Post by IBMDS4KK »

@priyadarshikunal :

In SQL Developer, until 5 hrs the query is run status and the count is 3.4 million.

In DS Job, record count is increasing while checking performance statistics but after reaching 3.2 million that's it. The same status showed by job in 22 hr. Then I killed the process.

Note : Interestingly, sometimes the job finished in 1 hr. But sometimes it was taking long time and hangs.

Kindly suggest!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

can you run it after disabling operator combination?

This looks like some resource issue, you will have to do some detective work as does it hang at a particular time or the day? or some other kind of pattern to find out the root cause?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: