SAP BW Pack warning on extract

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ggarze
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAP BW Pack warning on extract

Post by ggarze »

Running 8.5 FP 1. After extracting data successfully from SAP BW using the plug in we get the warning in the log

HB_ZLD_STRDSLS,0: Warning: PRLDWH5500_SAP.HB_ZLD_STRDSLS: ProcessChain Log Entry
Log ID: 4VRDGEVIK26MPYY7R0PU7M8R8
Disposition: Warning
Action: Data Transfer Process
Varient: Full ZSTRDSL2 -> ZLD_SDSLS
ID: DTPR_4VRDGFAVLZE1R8142OUIRQ66S
Result: Active [dscapiop.C:2165]

There was an entry for the same on the IBM site with this:
Code fix. The SAP process chain log is now read after the final process chain status has been set, thus eliminating the above
warning.

Has anyone encountered this warning and if the Code Fix does work where in DS would I set the log to be read after the final process?

Thanks
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

We also got similar warning messages while reading data from SAP BW using SAP BW Open Hub Extract Stage 4.3.2.1.

The client was okay with the warning, so the warnings are still coming up in everyday run.

Regards
KD
ggarze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ggarze »

Yeah it doesn't really seen to be a problem on the DataStage end. However, our BW guy is saying that sometimes it seems that SAP is not greeting a return message from DataStage to signal that's it's complete. I'm not sure if this is a DS issue or sap. He says it's not always the case but every successful run with any open hub we run gets this warning. I don't see anything in the RFC monitor to suspect a DS issue nor the fact that it send anything back to sap after data extraction.