RCP - Warning - Dropping component because of same name.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsquest
Participant

RCP - Warning - Dropping component because of same name.

Post by dsquest »

Iam using a RCP for a Change capture stage.
Based on the Chagne_Code decide what should go to the Action flag (A_FLG) column. ('Add','Delete','Copy' etc) in transformer.
Action flag columns is present in both inputs.

I get this warning in the Transformer, when I try to assign the value to the Column that I add in the derivation.

xfm: When checking operator: Dropping component "A_FLG" because of a prior component with the same name.

Note: That is the only column that I mention in the xfm. Rest gets carried forward by RCP.

Whats the best approach to get rid of the warning?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do an exact search for "When checking operator: Dropping component" here and see if any of the 47 other posts help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'll make this the 48th post (just in case :) )

The Column "A_FLG" is present in more than one input link to your change capture stage. Therefore DataStage has to guess which of the 2 "A_FLG" columns to use for your change code and to pass downstream. It will, by default, take the column from the first input link and give out this warning. This warning can occur in any stage which accepts more than one input link; the solution is to remove the offending column from the stream which you don't wish to use.