Netezza NZLOAD

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepgs
Participant

Netezza NZLOAD

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi All,

We are trying to load the netezza data base using Netezza Enterprise stage with load option defined as "nzload".

The load failed due to multiple reasons and below mentioned are scenarios.

Scenarion 1:

The metadata in the Netezza Enterprize stage in Set to VARCHAR with UNICODE option enable.

Then the job failed by throwing the below mentioned error.

Error:
Type mismatch for field 'DATA_SOURCE'. Fatal error.

Note: The metadata is imported from netezza database by using ODBC import option and the data is imported as VARCHAR(+) which sgnifies the UNICODE option.

Scenario 2:

Assuming a datatype missmatch we changed the metadata in the Netezza Enterprise Stage to VARCHAR with no UNICODE option enabled.

Then the job failed due to the below mentioned error.

Error:
Netezza_Enterprise_16,1: Error: RecordLength can only have INTERNAL reference to a zone.

Few of the reference from net suggested that NZ_DATABASE option if used it has to be modified, but we haven't configured any such option in our environment.

So looking out for solution which can possibly resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically, ensure that the metadata in your job design match absolutely those in Netezza. The easiest way to ensure this is to use table definitions imported from Netezza and never to edit them in the job designs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi Ray,

Yes, The metadata data is imported and never was edited and in such case job was errored out with error mentioned in "Scenario 1".

Sa as in resolution process I started editing the metadata expecting to be issue but the job failed with error mentioned in "Scenario 2".

I did check all the necessary configuration at server end using the installation and configuration guide and the configuration seams to look good.

There could be a catch which I am missing here, trying out the option availabe will update if any breakthrough.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi all,

The issues is resolved we have installed a new version of nzsetup including nzload utility.

The test is successful and the Netezza Enterprise stage is working as expected.

Thanks for all inputs.

Regards,
Sandeep.