APT_COPY_TRANSFORM_OPERATOR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

m_mani87
Participant

APT_COPY_TRANSFORM_OPERATOR

Post by m_mani87 »

One of my job aborted with the following error

APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in parallel process: APT_Archive::BadClass: From: Loading memory archive: Could not find "APT_TransformOperatorImplV5S1_Validate_PLANNED_WAYS_RP_xfmCtlgFileValidation

I was asked to set the environmental variable APT_COPY_TRANSFORM_OPERATOR to Yes and it resolved theissue

When i searched through web i was not clear on what the problem is and how this environmental variable resolved the isse.
Kindly help me out by giving a clear explanation
nayanpatra
Participant

Post by nayanpatra »

The library files of the transformer stage was not copied to the compute node from the conductor node. In order to copy the library files during runtime, you need to set the APT_COPY_TRANSFORM_OPERATOR to TRUE. Else, you may also perform a rsync. A sample command to copy the files from source server to target server is as below -

rsync -avz /etl/IS/Projects/<ProjectName>/*.O <target server>:/etl/IS/Projects/<ProjectName>/

You need to trigger this command from the source server where the files are residing.
Nayan