Unable to read entire data of a text col when data is huge

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sagnik Mukherjee
Participant

Unable to read entire data of a text col when data is huge

Post by Sagnik Mukherjee »

Hi,

i have one text column in one file. I am trying to read that column by varchar or long varchar. Now the problem is the data which are coming are so big, DS is not able to read full data. Data which exceeds the maximum length got truncated. Do we have any data type which can raed more character than long varchar? or is there any other solution to read the entire data?
Sagnik
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What limit have you reached, i.e. at what length does truncation occur? Since your file contains only one column per row, you could declare your data as having 2 columns and declaring the file without a column separator.
Do you need to process this long column?
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

How long is your text column actually in the file? I remember using longvarchar to read from CLOB or to read the source XML files.
Arun
rajendra123
Participant

Post by rajendra123 »

What kind of processing are you doing on such huge data?
Rajendra Tadavarthy
rajendra.ece@gmail.com
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Another useful question is exactly how large are we talking about?
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the "Data which exceeds the maximum length got truncated" message occurred in the data browser (view data), that's a limit in the data browser only. You should ignore it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.