ORA-24806: LOB form mismatch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

Hi Gurus,

Apologies to reopen the resolved topic.

My issue is very relavant to this topic - I have created a job which is having one CLOB column and using two oracle connector stage,
Properties
datatype - LongNVarChar for CLOB column in DS
Enable LOB reference - Yes
CLOB Column is in last in select clause and defined in last in Column defination.

Oracle Connector ----> Oracle Connector

When I am executing the job getting following error -

TABLE_XYZ,0: The OCI function OCILobRead returned status -1. Error code: 24,806, Error message: ORA-24806: LOB form mismatch. (CC_OraInputStream::read, file CC_OraInputStream.cpp, line 681)

My reasoning says - for Oracle and DS is having different character sets.
Can there be any other possibilities.
Gaurav Martha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: Don't apologize, just don't do it.

Split to your own topic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

Thanks for doing that.
Gaurav Martha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is an Oracle error (-24806), not a DataStage error. The error is generated from stage TABLE_XYZ, so you can tell from that whether it's the source or target.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

Hi Ray,

It is Source end problem. (Used Oracle Connector to read from Oracle)

When select sql is executed in Oracle, it executes properly and provides valid output, now when I try to do view data for Oracle Connector stage in DataStage, it gives error - LOB form mismatch.

I removed LOB column from select clause and column definition and tried view data from Oracle connector again, It was working.

Now I checked in oracle NLS_CHARACTER_SET it is WE8ISO8859P1.
and NLS support is not installed in DataStage.

Please let me know, Should I need to look into NLS settings or if you think otherwise.
Gaurav Martha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Cause: When reading from or writing into LOBs, the character set form of the user buffer should be same as that of the LOB.

Action: Make sure that the buffer you are using to read or write has the same form as that of the LOB.
I'm assuming "the user buffer" is essentially DataStage but without having NLS installed I'm not sure what the resolution for this might be...
-craig

Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

Thanks Craig for looking into, If I understood correct, you are implying that the issue is with DataStage NLS and need to reinstall DS with NLS reinstalled.

One thing I know is that - DS used NLS setting defined at Unix level in case there is no NLS defined at Project level.
Now, does this require NLS to be installed at time of DS installation or in else case as well above statement is true.

O
Gaurav Martha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Gen1715 wrote:Thanks Craig for looking into, If I understood correct, you are implying that the issue is with DataStage NLS and need to reinstall DS with NLS reinstalled.
Well... I was specifically trying to not imply that need as basically I don't know if that is the solution. And yes that choice to 'install with NLS' needs to be done at installation time. Hoping someone else chimes in or that you open a case with your official support provider to find out for certain what the solution might be.
-craig

rsomiset
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rsomiset »

Gaurav,
Did you try viewing the data by defining it as either LONGVARCHAR? If not...Could you please try and let us know?
--
Raj
Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

It is not working for me.
Gaurav Martha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Unemployment" is "not working". Please clarify what you are expecting to happen and what is actually happening. Provide details of any error messages where relevant.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

Ray,

I was responding to rsomiset's suggestion that - with LONGVARCHAR as well I'm not able to view data in datastage. it is having same error -
Error code: 24,806, Error message: ORA-24806: LOB form mismatch. (CC_OraInputStream::read, file CC_OraInputStream.cpp, line 681)
Gaurav Martha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you get any useful advise from the command oerr -24806 ?
Gen1715
Participant

Post by Gen1715 »

This is an IBM program error.
Please refer - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR43945
Gaurav Martha