output file name with the data from input file for each rec

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chaithanya
Participant

output file name with the data from input file for each rec

Post by chaithanya »

To Create a job to generate the output file name with the data from input file for each record.

Ex: Input File

dob_year,dob_month,dob_date,name
1985,10,05,Kannan
1986,11,05,Kumar

Output file name should be:
Employee_Kannan_1985-10-05.txt
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sequential File stage has the ability to generate the file name into an output column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Again with the posting of what seems to be a work assignment without questions or any evidence you've even tried to solve it. More of this 'testing' going on?
chaithanya wrote:I am a datastage trainee in my company. My lead gave this scenario to test my design capability.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chaithanya
Participant

Post by chaithanya »

I tried to write routine to load data of each record to seperate file, with the name of the respective record. But found it very difficult. Kindly appreciate if anyone could provide any tutorial link for routines. Thanks for the reply ray and chullet. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can get a training class on Programming with DataStage BASIC, which has a comprehensive treatment of working with BASIC routines, from DSXchange
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.