ORA-02291 Error in Oracle conector stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pravenai
Participant

ORA-02291 Error in Oracle conector stage

Post by Pravenai »

Hi,

I am using an Oracle Connector stage to insert data in target table (datastage version 8.1). This table has a foreign key constraint on a parent table on State column. However this State column is a nullable column in my child table and I can see many records with Null values in State column in my child table.

The problem is when my job tries to insert a record in child table with Null value in State column this record is getting rejected with ORA-02291 error.

How can I insert records with Null value in State column via datastage jobs without this record getting rejected?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Praveen
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What exactly does this error code mean?

Solve that, and you will solve your problem - don't do what is causing the error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As expected, it's a referential integrity constraint violation. I'd double-check that you are in fact sending a NULL in the column in question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Does the parent table allow null in the state column? If it does not allow null then you should not be attempting to insert a null into the child table else if allows a null and there is null present in the state table then you should not be getting this error.