MQ check for Successful Message Post

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samarvind
Participant

MQ check for Successful Message Post

Post by samarvind »

Hi,

My requirement is to create & post xml messages to a Message Queue and
if successful update the source oracle table with the status for the corresponding message source record.

To tie back the rejected xml message to the source record, I am trying to pass the "PRIMARYKEY" col to the MQ target stage in addition to the "XMLMessage" column.
But the reject link Dataset actuall contain only XMLMessage column eventhough the reject link metadata shows PRIMARYKEY & XMLMessage cols

So looks like MQ reject link can actually deal with only one column and this approach is not going to work

is there any way to implement this ?

Please advise.
Many Thanks
Thanks & Regards
arvind sampath
Software Engineer
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

While it may create other complications for you (not sure what you are doing in the rest of your job), it might be worth trying this in a Server Job with the MQ Plugin..... I haven't dug into the return codes that are made available to the link in years, but it's possible that the REJECTEDCODE at an immediately upstream Transformer Stage might get back the codes that you are looking for....and if so, then you could send it downstream from an alternative link at that Stage.

If it works, you could theoretically put that inside of a Shared Container and include it in your parallel Job.

Of course, it means that you need to have chosen to install the correct edition of the MQ Plugin at initial install time. If you only have MQ Connector in the RealTime category of Stages, then it wasn't installed.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>